I am partnering with Terri Cramb, a like-minded wellness champion and talented yoga & fitness instructor and certified health coach, to offer an exciting new workplace wellness program called FRESH: A New Approach To Wellness.
Why are we doing this?
People spend a good portion of their lives at work, and when employers encourage their employees to be healthier, everyone benefits. By encouraging and supporting employee health and wellness, employers improve well-being and job satisfaction, and raise retention rates. An employer’s support of employee health can go a long way in creating a healthier, happier and more productive group.
Workplace wellness programs have been around for years but are increasing in popularity as companies struggle to better manage absenteeism and disability claims. Promoting initiatives that encourage work/life balance is an effective way to support your staff.
What we are offering:
Starting in 2019, we are going to be offering the following Workplace Wellness Program to businesses and organizations in Powell River.
(1.5-2 hours )
This is a workshop that can be held during the day or after work and is focused around increasing opportunities and motivation for wellness in the workplace. A seminar featuring practical information on how we can work more healthy habits into our daily lives (and why it’s important to do so).
- an overview of the benefits of including more whole plant foods in your diet on a daily basis
- Lunch or after-work snacks, with demos and tips for easy ways to incorporate more healthy, nutritious and delicious plant-based foods
- An overview of the importance of regular movement/yoga with some example exercises that can be implemented into each day, even in the workplace (with demonstration and practice — suitable for all levels)
FRESH MONTHLY — 4 or 8-month program
(60-75 minutes each)
Continuity and reaffirmation are key when creating healthy habits that stick. This program is designed to be delivered on a monthly or quarterly basis over the period of a year. Each session focuses on a different topic and allows us to go deep, building on information that is presented as we go along, and offering the support necessary to help sustain healthy habit shifts. We make the habits we are encouraging actionable by providing practical information, tips and challenges for participants throughout the year. It is suggested that these sessions are offered to staff in a lunch & learn format; however, we work with each business/organization to find what works best for you and your employees.
Each session provides:
- A healthy, delicious plant-based meal (with demos when appropriate) and take-home recipes
- Nutrition discussion/motivation relevant to the session topic with tips for practical implementation
- A movement/relaxation component relevant to the session topic (all levels)
Example topics to choose from:
- Healthy Busy People: Practical tips for staying healthy when you’re busy
- Don’t Sweat It! Eating and moving for stress management and release
- The Power of Plants: Learn about the power that plants have to keep us healthy and tips for getting more of them into every meal
- Flu B Gone! Food and activity to boost the immune system
- Happy Gut: Eating and moving for good digestion
- Connect! Cultivating joy with movement and food
- Power Up! Eating and moving to boost your energy
- Building Awareness: Eating and moving with mindfulness
- Rest & Rejuvenate: Eating and moving to improve sleep
- An Ounce of Prevention: Eat and move to prevent disease
“I highly recommend Emma and Terri for any group interested in improving their health and wellness. The ‘Wellness at Work’ workshop provided an engaging forum for our team to learn strategies for incorporating healthier eating and regular movement into our workday. Emma and Terri’s passion for wellness is infectious! Their ability to combine their expertise into a fun, easily digestible workshop makes them an awesome addition to any organization’s wellness program.”
— Sandra McDowell, VP of Communications and Culture, First Group of Companies
The Research Shows…
Research from Health & Safety Ontario shows the effectiveness of Employee Wellness Programs. For every dollar spent on a Corporate Wellness Program, the returns have included:
- decreased absenteeism
- fewer sick days
- reduced WSIB/WCB claims
- lowered health and insurance costs
- improvements to employee performance and productivity
- Improvements in morale and loyalty
Who we are:
Emma Levez Larocque is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, a Certified Plant-Based Chef and a Food For Life Instructor (Physicians’ Committee for Responsible Medicine). She is passionate about sharing the benefits (and delights!) of eating more delicious whole plant-based foods for improved health, and for the sake of the planet and other animals.
Terri Cramb is a IIN Health Coach, a Yoga Teacher RYT200, BCRPA Certified Group Fitness Leader and Weight Trainer. She is passionate about movement and breath, and how to create a lifestyle that better supports us physically, mentally & otherwise.
If you’re interested in more information, please get in touch.