4-week series: ongoing (start any time and the course is yours for 1 year)
Registration is now open! Do you want to eat more healthfully but find yourself bored with the same old salads? Are you looking for ways to get more whole plant foods into your (and your loved ones’) days? Do you want to get inspired to make salads that your family and friends will rave about, and have you MOTIVATED to eat healthy, whole plant foods?
This 4-part course will get you EXCITED about beautiful, luscious, SUCCULENT salads that you can make quickly, and often without turning the stove on – perfect for hot summer months! It will teach you the nutrition AND culinary tips you need to know to put components together to make a wide variety of meals based on whole fruits and vegetables, and accented by DELICIOUS and nutrient-dense dressings made from whole plant foods. $80 + taxes
When you UP the nutrition in your food, you DON’T have to give up the flavour, and that’s what this course is all about. You will learn:
- How to make MEAL salads – these aren’t salads that will leave your family looking for the next course, but leaning back in their chairs satisfied and saying, “Wow, that was great!”
- The nutritional benefits of using whole fats in your salad dressings, as opposed to oil, and how to do it successfully.
- Prep tips for crucial steps such as massaging kale (how and WHY to do it – both the cooking advantages, and the nutritional ones).
- The nutrition lowdown on why including a variety of fruits and vegetables in your salads is so important – and how it can make your salads spectacular!
- LOTS of tips for special salad additions, like marinated tempeh, scratch croutons, or coconut “bacon” bits.
- Info for making this practical –ideas for using leftovers to make a great meal salad.
- Templates that you can memorize and use to make delicious, versatile and yet simple dressings from just a few ingredients and in just a few minutes.
How it works:
Each week for 4 weeks (starting the day you sign up) you will be delivered one module of the course. There are nutrition talks, cooking videos and a workbook each week. You will be added to the private Plant Based Eating facebook page where participants of the course will be able to share their experiences, ask questions, post photos of the assignments, and connect.
You can do this course AT YOUR OWN PACE – it will be available to you for a full year, so there’s no rush.